* Henry T. Harrison Award: For Outstanding Contributions By A Consulting Meteorologist. American Meteorological Society “For serving the meteorological profession, her clients, and the Society with integrity and professionalism over the course of an exemplary career.” (Presentation at the AMS Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA, January 2021)
* American Meteorological Society Fellow (elected July 2017): Fellows shall have made outstanding contributions to the atmospheric or related oceanic or hydrologic sciences or their applications during a substantial period of time. New Fellows are elected from not more than two-tenths of one percent of all AMS members
* Fulbright Senior Specialist, Laboratoire de Physique de l’Atmosphère, CNRS, Universitè de La Rèunion, Rèunion Island, France (May 5-25, 2003)
* United Nations Development Program Invited Speaker, International Skiing Industry Cooperation Forum, Harbin City, People’s Republic of China (December 2001)
* Certified Consulting Meteorologist (#572), American Meteorological Society
* Distinguished Teaching Award, Sierra Nevada College (1996-97)
* First Place, Peter B. Wagner Memorial Scholarship, Atmospheric Sci. Center, Desert Research Institute
* Excellence in Teaching, Sierra Nevada College, Elected Member
* American Meteorological Society Nominating Committee Member (2021-Present)
* American Meteorological Society Executive Committee Elected Member (January 2018-January 2020)
* American Meteorological Society Council Elected Member (January 2017-January 2020)
* Past-President, Association of Certified Meteorologists (ACM), formerly, the National Council of Industrial Meteorologists (NCIM), June 2019-June 2021.
* President, Association of Certified Meteorologists (ACM), formerly, the National Council of Industrial Meteorologists (NCIM), January 2017 – June 2019.
* President-Elect, National Council of Industrial Meteorologists-Association of Certified Meteorologists (NCIM-ACM), June 2015 – January 2017
* Member American Meteorological Society Committee on Environmental Stewardship (ACES) (January 2017-2026)
* Chair of the Board of Certified Consulting Meteorologists (BCCM), American Meteorological Society, January 2012 – January 2013.
* Board of Certified Consulting Meteorologists (BCCM), American Meteorological Society, Jan. 11, 2009 – January 2013.
* Chair & Organizer, American Meteorological Society Annual Meeting Short Course on Forensic Meteorology, AMS Annual Meeting, January 22, 2012.
* Chair, American Meteorological Society Annual Meeting Session ‘Urban High-Impact Weather Forecasting’, January 14, 2009.
* Mountain Meteorology Committee Member, Feb. 1, 2003-Jan. 31, 2006 (American Meteorological Soc.)
* National Research Council & National Academies: Board on Atmospheric Sciences & Climate, Weather Research for Surface Transportation (elected member March 2003-March 2004)
* Continuing Education Committee Member, Jan. 11, 2004-Jan. 31, 2007 (American Meteorological Soc.)
* American Meteorological Society, Elected Member
* National Council of Industrial Meteorologists, Elected Member
* Research Article Peer Reviewer for: Journal of Applied Meteorology & Climatology
* Research Article Peer Reviewer for: Weather, Climate and Society (AMS Journal)
* Research Article Peer Reviewer for: Journal of Atmospheric & Oceanic Technology
* Research Article Peer Reviewer for: Journal of Applied Meteorology
* Regional Editor: Weather Watch Magazine (1996-1997)
* Research proposal and grant Peer Reviewer for the Australian Research Council
* Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society, Elected Full Member
* American Geophysical Union, Member
* National Weather Association, Member